The judging panel for the inaugural Event Production Show Awards has been revealed; eight names uniquely qualified for the job:
• Roger Barrett, Founder/Director, Star Events Group
• John Farquhar-Smith, Managing Director, Flux Events
• Clive Little, Director of Events and programming, Olympic Park Legacy Company
• Tim Owen, Commissioner of Events, Filming and Contingency Planning, Westminster City Council
• John Probyn, Chief Operating Officer, Live Nation
• Christopher Salmon, Event Operations Director, Goodwood
• Gill Tee, Festival Director, Vince Power’s London Feis and Hop Farm Music
• Mark Ward, Managing Director, Proper Productions
Andy Gibb, Event Director, said: “With that breadth of expertise, companies competing for an award can be confident that the best will win. And what an accolade, to be commended by a team that’s commissioned suppliers for the biggest, most celebrated events in the country.”
The Event Production Show Awards comes in association with Capital House Productions, and was launched to recognise the phenomenal work carried out by the industry’s suppliers, the stars behind the scenes. Free to enter, and just ahead of the London 2012 international spotlight, the EPSAs will put medals around equally deserving necks, celebrating the endeavours of companies crucial to the Olympic effort, along with other industry lynchpins.
The trophies will be presented at a glittering ceremony hosted by a top TV name in the East Hall of the Olympia Exhibition Centre, London on Wednesday 1 February 2012.
Entry forms for The Event Production Awards will be emailed out by the Event Production Show and its media partners. Alternatively, forms are downloadable from: www.eventproductionshow.co.uk/epa. The deadline for entries is September 2.
The Event Production Awards is sponsored by Createvents. For award sponsorship opportunities, contact Sarah Brownlee or Luke Galliana on 02476 571171.
For further information, contact Michelle Lewis on 02476 571186.