Active Network, a cloud-based strategic meetings management and marketing solutions provider, has launched Smart Events Cloud, which consolidates entire event programmes, from meetings to complex conferences, into a single technology platform.
The data tracking software presents its information in a user-friendly infographic format and combines features from the company’s existing Active StarCite (SMM, venue sourcing, spending management, etc.) and Active Conference (registration, attendee engagement, mobile & gaming, etc.) programs, into a single technology platform that helps event planners at mid-sized companies and larger better track the value of their meetings. The software provides organisations with a 360-degree view of all meetings and events activities, including spend, ROI, and analytics across events, and attendees.
JR Sherman, Senior VP and GM of the Business Solutions Group at Active Network, explains: “If you are familiar with customer lifecycle management, you know of the ‘Marketing Cloud’. We are now introducing the ‘Events Cloud’. By combining the best of our industry-leading meeting and event technologies into this single technology platform, we believe we have revolutionised the way companies can manage the data and spend from their meetings and events.”
Active Network plans to roll out the software - which can be purchased via a subscription based model similar to Adobe’s Marketing Cloud - in phases over the next nine months, with an initial roll-out in November.
Here are some highlights from the first phase of updates in November:
- A new, intuitive user interface, with a focus on simplicity and ease of use that can save time in setting up events.
- Active Conference-to-Go, an off-the-shelf, configurable solution that enables users to quickly and easily plan conferences.
- Active Small Meetings 2.0, an easy-to-use tool for creating and sourcing any small meeting, providing full visibility into small meetings from a single solution.
- An improved account and events dashboard for large events, providing an instant view of key metrics such as number of registrants, number of attendees, sessions scheduled, and amount of revenue generated.
- Active Lead Management, which allows exhibitors and sponsors to easily acquire and manage sales prospects throughout the event lifecycle, including ability to capture leads at events in real time by scanning badges with a mobile device using QR Code, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), and Near Field Communication (NFC) technologies.
More information on the Smart Events Cloud can be found at www.activeevents.com.