The Meetings Show UK's Education Panel has been announced, clearly demonstrating Centaur Exhibition’s commitment to the creation of a show that is as focused on learning and development as it is about networking and exhibiting.
The Education Panel, chaired by Sally Greenhill, Managing Director, The Right Solution will be instrumental in the selection and development of The Meetings Show UK’s education programme, bringing together a range of speakers and industry leaders from around the world.
Sally Greenhill explains the benefits of using an Education Panel as well as the selection of its members: “We can identify the key issues affecting all aspects of the UK meetings industry and pioneers who have knowledge and expertise that will be of value to visitors. The comprehensive programme will appeal to everyone participating in the show and involved in the industry, including corporate, association, charity, government or agency."
Whilst the exact themes and topics for the education sessions have yet to be decided, they are expected to reflect ongoing industry issues and trends as well as responding to the needs of visitors.
The Meetings Show UK Education Panel is comprised of:
• Sally Greenhill, Managing Director, The Right Solution
• Paul Kennedy MBE, Strategic Advisor to The Meetings Show UK / Chairman Centaur Travel Group
• Heledd Williams, Head of Business Tourism and Major Events, Cardiff and Co.
• Juliet Price, Director, Polygon Consulting
• Caroline Hill, Director, Compliant Venues
• Annalisa Ponchia CMM, Executive Office – European Society for Organ Transplantation
• Angie Mason, Director, Absolute Corporate Events
• Elling Hamso, Managing Partner, Event ROI Institute
• Simon Gidman, Head of Business Tourism, Visit England
• Lesley Williams, Head of Association Sales, Marketing Edinburgh
• Caitriona Lavery, Sales Manager, Hastings Hotels
• Caroline Windsor, Director, TFI Meeting Group
Steve Knight, Event Director, The Meetings Show UK commented: "Modern events are about far more than three days of trade show activity; they are an opportunity to learn, engage and network. Above all though it is vital they deliver a return on each visitor’s time out of the office. An effective education programme is crucial if such shows are to succeed, which is why we have selected such a credible and noteworthy group of individuals to drive forward the content and learning opportunities at The Meetings Show UK. We are delighted that such distinguished people are willing to give up their time to make The Meetings Show UK the best it possibly can be and in particular we wish to thank Sally Greenhill, whose expertise, knowledge and experience make her the ideal chair for the Education Panel."
The Meetings Show UK's inaugural event will take place during week commencing 8th July, 2013 at Olympia, London. The 5,000 visitors to the show will include 1,500 hosted buyers from across the UK and Europe.